Sunday, August 21, 2011

Welcome to Boonville!


  So I am officially in Boonville, CA and oh boy what a small town it is!!  I feel as though I have stepped back in time to Dr. Quinn Medicine woman days.  The town is literally one street long.  I had a mild panic attack as I drove into town, but then quickly recuperated as I reminded myself, "its only 10 months, I can do this, its an adventure!". 
   I am staying at my bosses place tonight which is quite up in the mountains.  We picked our dinner from the garden which was awesome!  She is going to be a fantastic contact for me here.  She said to me "anytime you want a bunch of kale just let me know and I'll pick some for you" (kale for juicing of course!) and she also was throwing out all kinds of ideas which were very appealing to me about what I can do with the program.   We were talking about having a group of kids once or twice a week get together and I'd teach them how to make fresh juice (she bought a juicer for the school) or other things like that.  She was also talking about wanting to get a fitness class started for the women I'd be working with (um hello yes!!) so already I am super excited about the program.

    Tomorrow my orientation starts and I will be at a yoga retreat center (hoping I get to do some yoga!) but there will be no wifi so I wont be able to update for this week.  But I will update more often after that for sure.
    So let the adventure begin!! I'm nervous, excited, and a bundle of "omg what am I doing" feeling right now.... which I'm sure is totally normal... right?? I hope it is because that's how I'm feeling right now.

  More to come later, hasta luego!

1 comment: