Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 5-7 - Boulder, Salt Lake City and Sonoma!


  Sorry for not updating for a few days, but have been busy visiting with folks and LOTS of driving.  So I left for Boulder Colorado bright and early Wednesday morning.  Did not like Nebraska at all.  A big thanks to Josh and Elle for hosting me though, but Nebraska, at least the parts that I saw were not all that appealing.


  Boulder however, was GORGEOUS!! I truly wouldn't mind even living there.  I am finding that I am becoming much more intrigued with these kinds of cities.  Even though I will always love big cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles.... etc... Anyway, so I met up with my friend Jordan from high school at his bike shop.  He owns his own company that sells bike, snowboarding equipment thats used or they sell for big companies.  Quite impressive what he's built up and he's only 25! 
  We went to pick up some dinner and wine and then went up to his mountain "casa" as he calls it.  The view was in-cre-di-ble!!!

  (these are all from my phone or the web, ill upload my pics later today)


   The next day I was off to Salt Lake City.  I went up through Wyoming which was both very beautiful and very boring.

I stayed with my Uncle Michael since Aunt Mary was back East taking care of Mom-mom while my mom and Katie were away.  As I pulled into their driveway, my car hit the big dip in their driveway and ripped the front part of my exhaust pipe!! All of a sudden my car was majorly loud.  So that was no good, but we left my car and headed off to dinner.  Had a lovely dinner then went back to the house and off to sleep!  The next morning I went and got it fixed and it only took about an hour and $133.  So I was incredibly relieved!!  Then I headed off towards Sonoma, an 11 hour drive!! 





  Nevada was BOOOORRRRIIINNNGGGGGGG lots of long long stretches with nothing around, not even gas stations, which had me mildly worried for a bit.
   At one truck stop I ran into another girl who was wearing a tierra, so I of course asked her what that was for, and she said "oh I'm driving across the country and just decided to add some flair." So I of course said "hey me too!! I left from Arlington, VA where did you start from?"  she said "New Jersey" and we then chatted a bit about how awful this stretch of drive was, but at least we were almost there!.  She was headed to San Francisco with her dad. 

    Then finally I came across this lovely sign:  












      I was SO EXCITED!!!!  I finally made it!!

    So I am now in Sonoma staying with Leslie and Owen at their gorgeous house with their amazing back yard.   It truly is quite a magical back yard.  I'll take lots of pictures for sure no worries there!! 

    Its lunch time now so take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment