Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 3 - Chicago Bound


  Today was a packed day!  But let me first preface with some exciting news!  I found out last night that Jessica is preggers!!!  So very exciting indeed :-)  Congrats again Jess and Brent!


    Anyway, so today I took off from Louisville and headed to the windy city.  It was an uneventful drive which is good, I got a little sick of my sing along cd for spanish so I switched over to some music.




    I arrived around 3pm... can't remember if it was 3pm DC time or Chicago time, in any case mid afternoon.  I dropped off my bike at where I am staying (which by the way I found out this evening is the house where Chris O'Donnell grew up! and I am staying in his old bedroom!! how super cool is that?!) then drove back into Chicago and met up with an old friend from high school.  We got some food at a place I had read about in VegNews magazine (my fav!) and it was quite good.  (Karyn's Fresh Corner)   Then we took quite a long but nice walk down to the North Avenue Beach and walked along the beach there. I put my toes in the water, which felt great!


Then walked back to where I was parked.  It was nice catching up with Brendan, since I hadn't seen him in about 11 years!!  Then I headed back to the place I am staying at tonight, which is Jaydee's cousin's place.

   I am quite wiped out though, and all that walking has made my hip incredibly sore.  So I am off to sleep.  I know I promised more photos, but I am way too tired to upload them right now.  They may have to wait till the end of the week.  Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment