Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 1 & Day 2


   Welcome to West Virginia and Kentucky!



  
   I never really realized just how large Maryland actually is!! I left Arlington today and drove through Maryland.  I kept waiting to cross the state line into West Virginia… and after three hours of driving, I finally did!   Lots of rolling green hills, it definitely was all that West Virginia is said to be, quite beautiful.  However, definitely NO Starbucks!  I’ve got three gift cards to Starbucks and around 3:00pm I was in some need of a caffeine boost.  So I stopped off at one of those multi stop places and got some cheap coffee instead.  It did its job, but wasn’t very good, but nothing a packet of stevia couldn’t fix!
   Yesterday I was in Charleston West Virginia, and it is definitely a working class town, glad I stopped and picked up a good salad for dinner at Sweet Green before I left Arlington!!  That’s one thing that being vegan has taught me, to PLAN AHEAD with my meals.  

    I am now in Louisville Kentucky staying with my cousin Jessica and her husband Brent.  We are having a BBQ tonight so Jess and I went grocery shopping earlier and I helped her prepare the food and are now just waiting for Brent's family to come over for dinner.  Their new house is such a cute house, its a weird feeling being at the age now where we are all grown up and family cousins are buying houses!   
  Anyway, this morning I put in my new learn Spanish while driving cd, they have put everything into song which makes it more fun to learn, I had an amusing time bouncing around singing back numbers, colors, months, greetings and all the other basic sayings in Spanish.

   So that's about it for right now, tomorrow I am off to Chicago!! Very excited about tomorrow's destination!! I'll upload pics tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment