Saturday, August 27, 2011

Orientation Recap


   This past week my orientation happened up at Rivers Bend Retreat Center.   It was such a beautiful serene place to be, though I do admit to going a tad bit stir crazy..... this whole MUCH slower pace of life thing is going to take some time to adjust to.  I really do like it a lot, but I am most certainly not used to it.  I'm sure my dad and anne can relate a bit??

    We did a lot of team building exercises and get to know each other games of course.  There are people from all over the United States! I am the second oldest one as I pretty much expected would be the case.  But I really like everyone in our group.  We have a bunch of fun activities planned as a group.  Lots of runners!! So overall I am very excited about this upcoming year.  It would be boring to list everything we did, but I do have pictures!!


The Beautiful Garden ( I took LOTS of pictures in there as you will see)




View from my cabin

The River!
Getting a free fish pedicure! Lol

Lavender drying



   As you can clearly see, it was just gorgeous up there.  And its about 10 minutes away from where I live! So I can go up there anytime I want, especially now that I have a friend who works up there now :-)  Woohoo!!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful flower pictures. I always found flowers difficult to photograph. So congratulations on these pictures. They really glow with color.

    ReplyDelete