Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 Bring it on!!

  Happy New Year everyone!!


 This year is already proving to be quite an exciting year!!  I have so much going on and a few job prospects for when I finish with AmeriCorps... I've been quite giddy the past week with it all!



   So... my boot camp is going very well and we have now opened up the after school class (which follows the 7th period class) on Thursdays to the community.  I've started getting a few teachers coming to the class and they loved it!   Then starting in February I am going to be teaching a Saturday morning boot camp class for the community!  We will be accepting donations, which will be nice since it will go right to me, so a few extra dollars in my pocket will be quite nice to have.
  Also starting in February will be my walking club 3 mornings a week, plus my over 50 exercise class, as well as starting up my passion project!


  The Passion Project is this big project that we are required to do for the program, and it is supposed to be sustainable for after we leave.  My project entails stretching dollars and food stamps.  I am going to be setting up a transportation van which will take 8 women over to Ukiah (the next  big town over) and teach them how to shop efficiently at Safeway and other big grocery stores.  The goal is to make their money go further and learn to shop in a healthier way.
  I also set up a Facebook page for the AV B Well (the program that is sponsoring my classes) to help reach more people and advertise when classes will be!  Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AV-B-Well/193921137372885  be sure to "Like" it to follow whats going on!

  I have also been sending out my resume to several fitness organizations in and around San Francisco and have gotten many positive responses.  I do however need to get my personal training certification which is a bit pricey.  So here is me putting it out there to anyone who is reading, if you would like to contribute some money so that I can do this and therefore land a job I would very much appreciate it!!


  Much love to you all!! And thank you for following me on my journey towards finally getting into the professional world!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment