Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time


To catch you up on whats been going on the past few weeks:

 The past few weeks have been a bit crazy.  I have started teaching a fitness class at the high school on Thursday afternoons, which I am really enjoying!  I am finding that I really love teaching high school students.  They are receptive and engaged and since I am young I come off as being the "cool" teacher hahah which I also really enjoy.
  I have put together a rather tough work out routine which they have been very receptive to.  After my first class they were all smiles and laughing and saying how cool that was.  Even the teacher that brought me in was saying "that was SOOOO cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   So that gave me a bit of a boost and I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day.  So each week I really look forward to that class.
  My nutrition class with the middle school girls has also become a big hit.  I make fun yummy goodies with them, which they enjoy.  One girl in particular has become a teachers pet and is always telling the other girls to stop messing around... she generally says "hey guys!! we are here to learn!! stop playing around!" which always makes me smile.

  As for my ladies in the wednesday nutrition class, that has fallen off the grid... the past few weeks no one has shown up.  But i've also been told that this time of year is hard and most adult classes diminish because a lot of people start gearing up to go back to Mexico for Christmas.

   And my venturing girls! Oh how I love them!  All of them high school age, and they are just so great.  They have given me a nick name "Sid" no reason other then they think I look like a Sid.  I take it, its a cute name.

  Here are a few photos of everyone I've been talking about:

Most of the venturing group, a few missing
My nutrition group ladies, (most of them, a few missing) every tuesday after their english class we all have a potluck lunch!

My co-worker/resident Mom, Mitzi
At the Venturing Holiday Dinner, we made pizza's! This is Anna and Adilena

Vicki and Mariela


  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment