Thursday, February 16, 2012

February is filled with LOVE!!



  I officially now feel like I am doing some awesome stuff in my program.  I am totally in my element and doing exactly what I want to be doing job wise.  I truly cannot tell you how amazing I've been feeling lately, especially with all of awesome turns outs that have been happening in my classes!!!!
  I am now teaching 7 fitness classes a week!!  All with 10 or more women in each class!  Which for Boonville and the population being all Mexican women, is pretty amazing.  Three mornings a week I lead a power walking group, we are now up to 3 miles, with the goal to either walk or run in the Boontling Classic (a 5k race) in May.  I also teach 3 Boot Camp classes (one of which is during 7th period at the high school, so its not a full class) and that class has now got me quite a reputation in town as being an awesome ass kicker!  Literally every where I go now, people know who I am and say "oh my god so and so told me they took your class and was sore for 3 days!!"  It feels pretty good :-)  I also am teaching a fitness for over 50 class, which is more of a low impact type of workout.
  Also, with my nutrition class, I now have over 10 women in that class, and all of them are super motivated to lose weight.  So with that, I have now changed my passion project to fit more along the lines of the nutrition class and my fitness classes.  I am doing a 90 day program with the women, with the goal of reaching their own goal weights or at least close to them.  I started out last week with having 30 minute one on one session with each of them to talk about their goals, take measurements, weigh them and give them some guidelines on what they should be eating and shouldn't be eating.  Then on going, every week I will meet with them one on on for about 15 minutes to check in, see how they are doing, weigh in and if they have any questions they can ask me then.  I've made up some food journals and fitness journals for them to write in every day to keep track, which I will also be checking in on each week and giving them helpful pointers.

  So!!! as you can see, I'M IN LOVE WITH WHAT I'M DOING!!!! :-)  Also, I am over the moon excited for how this is building up my resume in the most amazing way possible.  I have an interview next Sunday with a Boot Camp business that is specifically focused on Women.  Quite excited about it, my only issue is that I am not officially certified yet as a personal trainer, I'm hoping to get that taken care of before July so that if I get hired I can transition smoothly and not have any hiccups. 

   That's all the news from Boonville!  Good things are happening! YAY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment