Sunday, September 11, 2011

Living In A Small Town Part II


   So to continue with my observations of living in a small town here we go:

1) No one locks there doors.  Its so comforting to just leave my cottage and not worry about locking the door, same with my car when I'm in town! It's an odd feeling, but I rather enjoy it.

2) Everything closes early.  This is something that's been hard to get used to.  Since I don't have a whole lot to do on weekends or the evenings, I miss having coffee shops to go to or something like that.  So I've taken to having dinner, then going on an evening walk, which I do enjoy and its healthy!

3) There are no cops, anywhere...ever!  I only just saw my first "highway patrol" this evening on my nightly walk.  So strange.

4) There are no daily services, such as trash/recycling pick up, or daily mail service.  Most everyone has PO Boxes.  I have yet to figure out where to take the trash and recycling that is building up outside my cottage, I shall so figure that out though.
I found this amusing, because its true!

  That's all I got for now,  but I'm sure there will be more to come as I continue this journey of living in a teeny tiny dollhouse of a town!

No comments:

Post a Comment